Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Foxy Lady ...



This is foxy lady. A Sidney 40 I am crewing in Singapore. Last weekend I raced on her for the first time. I was also a bow men for the first time on a big boat. The last time was on Panique.. a Martin 242 (24 feet).

We went out on saturday so i could get used to the position and it was pretty frustrating as I made a LOT of mistakes. Sunday we had 3 races and we did okay (1 3 3). After 2 races I started making my own system to how to manage the lines remembering some tips Marcia gave Fabio and it all started to fall into place.

This coming weekedn we race 1 race sat and 3 sunday. Should be more interesting now that I have a better idea on what to do.

The Foxy lady team is great ... nice people... good sailors.

One FREAKY event was that sunday moraning while heading to the race we were very close to being hit by a lightning bolt. All the instruments on the boat were gone with the discharge and we could all feel the electricity on the air.

I started playing some soccer in the office and this week we have our first soccer game on this coming friday. Will post more if we win. =)


No comments: