Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taipei, Taiwan


Last Thursday I went to Taipei to work with our partner studio, CGCG. I was really impressed with the city and the people. It reminded me a lot of Rio without the bad stuff (violence, poverty, etc).

I had a great time visiting. Spent only 3 days but it's definitely worth a visit. The picture above is from Taipei 101, the talles building in the world until the day I visited it. The next day apparently a building in Dubai became the tatllest. Pretty cool to see the view from up there ... feels like you are looking at a miniature at a movie set. The elevator is the fastest in the world (60 km/h). Cool stuff !!! =)

I saw Demshui, Xiemen, the Ku Kong museum and the area close to the main MRT station. Stayed at the Grand Hyatt and from there I moved to a Hostel International on top of the K Mall... ok place to stay. Next time I think I would look for something closer to Xiemen to stay ... that part reminded me a bit of the Times Square in New York with even more outdoors and visual polution.

For those of you coming to Asia to visit, It might be woth a stop if you have the time.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey that 101 building looks familiar! Sounds like you're still having some fun out there! :)