Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A bit about Singapore

This place is pretty cool and VERY, VERY busy. Did I mention it is busy here ? There is people everywhere you look. The skytrain(MRT / subway) is as crazy as going to watch a soccer game in Brazil. If you stop walking, you have to turn sideways not to interrupt the flow. And no, I am not kidding.
This is my workspace:

______________________________________________________


The people at LucasFilm seem to be all into the same mood... work hard, party and travel a lot too. Drinks here are very expensive and we seem to spend a LOT of money when we decide to go out. No need to say we also drink a lot. One night out normally will go for around 80 bucks for drinks. The popular drink here is vodka and red bull and we seem to go through bottles of it everytime we go out (poor liver).

As far as sports, I seem to be finding out more about this place everyday. There is a very cool pool on the roof of the building where we are and I go there sometimes to swim at lunch. Sun tan and have lunch then swim for 30 min. I found a place to wakeboard here that is pretty cool and already went once.. the interesting thing is that u get pulled by cables in a lake instead of a boat (kindda miss having a wake to jump). Today I managed to contact someone about kiteboarding here and apparently you can kite here close to my office. I am dying to see this. Will post more as I know more.

Last weekend a bunch of us here from work went on a trip to Malasya. It will be my next post.

Cheers.

No comments: