Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Weekend in Singapore



Friday night
Onfriday night, we decided to go Salsa dancing and ended up on this place where in one side they had salsa (Some people even had the moves right but rithm was very off - think about dancing salsa to your own rithm ... and I am not the best on rhytm either). There was a door beside the dance floor and after a while dancing we decided to check where did that door take you to. One of the funniest places I have seen. It was a drag queen and her friend singing a very bad karaoke... It was hilarious... they even had a poster with their pictures behind them. I will have to go back with my camera one of this days and post it.

Saturday Report
A while back while still in Vancouver, I posted a message on www.sailinganarchy.com asking about sailboat racing in Singapore. A guy named Bill answered and invited me to join him on a day sail this saturday on his Sydney 40 Foxy Lady. The day was amazing. Woke up early and met with Bill and Sarab on the Raffles Marina and after breakfast we went sailing with another 2 couples on board for their first sailing experience. We had 2 coolers full of ice and beer and when we got back to the dock we poped a champagne bottle and 2 wines... By the time I left the marina, we could barely talk.

The boat is a 40 feet race boat very similar to the boat I used to race in Vancouver (Farr 47). Bill invited me to join the crew and in 2 weeks I shall do my first race on Foxy Lady...

Sunday was a good day... Met with Huber, Julia, Bonnie and Pedro in Chinatown for foot massages and after that went to Sentosa to meet Manuel and Mimi. Santosa is the sunday sunset hangout here. Enjoy the pics.




3 comments:

Kat said...

San,
I can't believe this new place you call home... it looks just amazing! It's like a working vacation in paradise or something! Makes me jealous seeing all the people in shorts and stuff though... it barely hit 0 degrees here the other day... you would NOT like it here! ;)
Bjs,

Ka

Anonymous said...

Come on, Sandro. Tell us the truth. You have been making these things up. Now go back to work :-)))

Really, you look like you are in vacation over there. Your new home looks really good too, but yeah you need Mila's touch in the house asap! :-)

I am so happy for you guys :-)

Miss you,

Ananda

Felipe Simoes said...

Vida dura heim meu irmao.. Vida dura..

Inveja?? Quem?? Eu??? Naaaaaaao Magina!

Abracao, e nem preciso desejar boa sorte...

To muito feliz por voce Sandrao!