Friday, May 05, 2006

Cest la vie !!!





Here I am again, back in Singapore and writing about my past week. It's been a great week and Brazil was awesome. I got to go to Juli (my sister) and Edu's wedding and rest a lot. I got to see the family and introduce them to Mi... Needless to say that they loved her and every 2 minutes I had someone telling me never to let her go. I was not planning on doing that anyways.

On my way to Brazil I got to see Paris for the first time ever. The Pics here are all from my first day there. For those who have been there, you can notice the thing I did the most was WALK. I walked a LOT. I started the day by going to "Sacre Coeur" and walking and having breakfast at Montremarte. After breakfast I went for a walk on "Le Marais". After that I took the subway to "Le Arc de Triomphe" and walked to the top. From there I walked the all the Champs Elysee to the "jandin des Tuileries and the Louvre where I took a sit for a bit and imagined my parents on their French days sitting at this place for days and just looking at the scenery around them. Paris is an AMAZING place... wherever you look you see history, you see great looking old buildings and dressed up people.

From the Louvre I figured I havd not walked enough so I decided to see Notre Dame, the last stop of my first day in Paris. On my way back to Paris, I only did the Eifel tower and walked some more on Champs Elisee. It was a shorter stop. The pics from that are still on my camera and I will try to post them soon. PICS from the wedding will also be posted as I get them from the photographer in Brazil.

Thanks to Sophie for all the directions on Paris !!!

Louvre
Notre Dame
Arc de Triomphe
Notre Dame
Sacre Coeur
Sacre Coeur

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the???

Now you're in Paris?
Did you guys decide to go for a romantic holiday?

Well, here in Van, we're still waiting to hear results from Barb. They haven't gotten back to anyone yet.

We so hope it will work and that we'll get to see you soon amigo!

We started sailing lately and the weather's been very nice, like 20+ degrees! Wow

Ciao...

Francois Y Gabi
ps: Monday was crazy here in Van! Blowing an average of 35 knots all day... barely no one on the water.. I thought of you :)

Kat said...

Paris?? You lucky dog! Sounds amazing!! Where to next?? Congrats on Juli & Edu's wedding... must have been incredible to be home for that! Post pics soon!

Anonymous said...

Cade as fotos do Brasil!!!
Quero saber de tudinho :-)
Beijos, San e Mi!
Ananda