Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Advice...

"...Be kind to your knees ... You will miss them when they are gone .."

I have been thinking a lot about this song lately. It's actually a poem that was recorded as music and I have heard it so many times. (click here for lyrics)


Life has been a crazy this past 10 days. I did all the possible exams and found out that I have thorn my ACL , the anterior ligament of the knee and damaged my meniscus.

As usually I post a picture, here it is... My ACL !

What this means ? I am now on recovery for quite some time. No more kiting, rockclimbing, windsurfing, sailing or any crazy sports until I recover from the surgery I will have to do in about a month. I should be back into everything by next year hopefully.
:-(

Crazy to think how fragile we are. After all the abuse I put my body through all the time, I take a little fall on soccer and see my knee fall in pieces. Now I am on to 6 months of recovery and a lot of physio.

It's been a bit depressing for me getting used to this idea but it's starting to sink in that it's not THAT bad. Mila has been AMAZING with all the help and support. Maybe I will take her on a date sometime. =)

Anyways, this weekend we are heading to Krabi, Thailand with a bunch of friends from work. I will post pics and a report next week...

Cheers all and remember to take good care of your knees !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que merda hein primo? Melhoras pra voce e pro teu joelho!

abs,
Quito

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a fast recovery man, take care.

Anonymous said...

ô meu filho, que saco isso hein ...

Só uma coisa, não tenha pressa pra voltar pra não conviver com isso por muito mais tempo e pra depois não ter lesões recorrentes.

Sorte sua que a bahiana ta ai pra tomar conta de vc.

Beijão pra vcs. Nos veremos em breve

Cristiano Bertoni