Friday, April 07, 2006

Sailing Singapore

Bill and I on the front page of Sailing Anarchy ... Niiiice !!!


Here is the article:

"The Community - Why We Rock

Here’s why I dig SA so much…

A couple of months ago I got PM’d from a guy named Sandro. He had seen that I post alot in SA about sailing in Singapore/SE Asia and since he was moving here (with Lucas Films – how cool is that!) that he would give it a shot and contact me.

Fast forward about 8 weeks and Sandro is walking down the dock towards our boat at Raffles Marina here and we spent that day sailing together with a bunch of people who won a ride on my boat from a charity auction (see photo). Turns our Sandro – a Brazilian and seasoned sailor – racing all the usual big rides (Swiftsure etc) prior to tons of racing in his home town of Sao Paulo, Brazil. He is great guy and now on our regular crew roster on the SYD 40."
'' ... "Where else can you do this? Nowhere.

Two months ago I wouldn’t know either of these guys if they walked up and hoofed me in the nuts and now they’re racing with us!

Thanks SA! tuf-luf - 04/10/06"



This is from the sailing trip we did 2 weekends ago.

I met Bill through a website and he invited me to sail on his boat. We took a group of people that never had sailed before to a day sail on aracing boat cause they donated some money to help an orphanage in Malaysia.

This weekend I am heading to KL ... gonna go check the tallest building in the world. Report to come soon.

CHEERS !



1 comment:

Kat said...

Which of you is Cpt. Jack?? Garrrr..... ;)