Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kuala Lumpur


This past weekend a group of us headed to Kuala Lumpur. The place is very interesting and full of life. My reason for going there was that I was really interested on the architecture and on seeing the Patronus towers, the tallest twin towers in the world. They were worth the trip.

We (Pedro, Ben, Julia, Ivy and Me) left on saturday morning around 5:30am on a cab to cross the border to Johor Bahru and get a plane to KL. The trip was long and now I kindda regret not having just taken a bus. It would take 30 min more but they cost a third of the price and it would be a lot more confortable.

We stayed on a hostel called Eight,very nice room with 3 bunkbeds. Ivy took of as we got to KL and went to hang out with her family.




The 4 of us went out to a place calle LUNA at night... a VERY COOL bar and from there me and Pedro ventured into the KL night and Ben and Julia went to bed early.

Next day was the twin towers day and heading home. As many know, I am not a big city person and do not like them very much so I have not much to tell about this trip. KL is worth a short stop in my opinion.

My take on the malaysian culture keeps changing as I get more time here.

Yesterday there was an article in the paper about this chinese couple kissing in public in KL that got arrested and are facing trial and can get up to 1 year in jail. And that's only for kissing. I can only imagine what it would be like if laws in Brazil were like that. Walking in any beach at night you would be able to give at least a couple life sentences. Laws in malaysia are very strict and I believe the powers in the government there try to brain wash the people and impose their beliefs wich is something I personally do not agree with. The couple arrested was not malay or muslim, they were chinese.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saudade, bro!